Tuesday, November 30, 2010

+blank canvas

So sorry I have been kinda lame and nonexistant, life is crazy! Ha anyway, it is late so I will be breif tonight.
I have recently started painting again (as of like 2 days ago) and I am completely loving it. And I have been having tons and tons of ideas for paintings and drawings of all kinds pop magically into my head all the time. But I have been having a difficult time figuring out how to start things. So of course, when in doubt- remember what your high school art teacher lectured you on. Mr. Rees was teaching us balance and composition and blah and he said something to the effect of "A blank canvas is very boring and quite intimidating, so just throw some color and shape on there as a background to start and then go from there".  So yes this totally applies to art, and it is what I am planning on doing, BUT it also applies to...ready? ta da!- Life in general.
I was thinking about all the prettiest most seemingly perfect and flawless people I know, and how they are often extrememly intimidating, but they are also the most boring people I know (Note: This concept is only in theory, because I know that these people are in fact not perfect because no one is, but just for the sake of the analogy, please play along). So I guess what I am trying to say is that maybe the flaws and blemishes are what makes a person an actual mortal human being and not just a perfect edward cullen. :) (ha that was a twilight joke.) Maybe the scars and background of a person is really what makes them into a beautiful painting. Because how boring is a plain white piece of paper?
So I don't know if any of that actually made sense because I am a bit tired, but hopefully ya'll get the gist of it. :)
Anyway, moral of the story, rough yourself up a little, because it adds character.
Okay scratch that, dumb moral. Moral of the story- Life is art, Art is life.
Done.
Peace out.
I'll eventually probably put up some of my paintings on this here blog.

1 comment:

  1. Candace, I loved your moral. It was beautiful! I completely agree with you. Flaws are what make people, people! I have never clicked well with the people that think that they are perfect, or in some cases, with the people that ARE perfect. I love people who are down to earth, who know what i'm going through when i'm going through a trail. I am sure as heck not perfect,but you know what? I love my flaws, they have made me who I am today. Candace, you are amazing. Please post your art, i would LOVE as well as appreciate some beauty in my life right now. Winter time, to me, is a blank canvas, so please SPLASH SOME COLOR!
    love you.

    ReplyDelete